Resolved Topic: how do I begin as a writing contributor
Asked 8/21/2013 2:27:03 PM +05:45
[Solved] how do I begin as a writing contributor
5Y

8/21/2013 2:27:03 PM +05:45

As this is the first time for me to attend such a project, I do not know how to begin. Could anybody kindly give me more details about my task as a writing contributor?
All Posts
Re: how do I begin as a writing contributor
mixerp2
Friend
5Y
1T

8/21/2013 7:29:14 PM +05:45

Hello Happysusan !
Welcome to the forum. We are glad to know that you wish to make contribution to our project. We welcome any sort of contribution to the MixERP project.
So, what I have understood basically is that you want to contribute to the writing process in the project i.e writing the documentation of the product. We have two kinds of documentation.
1. Technical Documentation - that explains about the core components of the product i.e mainly the backend stuff.
2. Product Documentation - which mainly explains the functions and modules of the product at the front end.

So, let me know what kind of documentation writing are you willing to contribute to?
5Y

8/22/2013 8:30:45 AM +05:45

Hello Nabin,

Glad to receive your quick reply. I want to write the Technical Documentation. May I?
5Y

8/22/2013 8:32:32 AM +05:45

I just submitted my answer, but where is it? Is there any delay for posting?
5Y

8/22/2013 8:39:47 AM +05:45

Hello Nabin,

I just read the documentation of this project, I think starting from Product Documentation is more suitable for me.

Thanks.
mixerp2
Friend
5Y
1T

8/22/2013 9:48:17 AM +05:45

Hello Susan !

You will not see your posts immediately in the forum because of the approval process. Once your posts are verified by an admin your posts become visible. This is mainly to avoid all the spam posts in the forum.

Great ! So, if you wish to write the project documentation , I suggest you to go through the product first. Find out what the product is all about, go through all the modules (Sales, Purchase, Inventory, manufacturing, etc) of MixERP at the demo site and understand what it is all about ([color=#BF0080]Note that various modules of MixERP are still under development, so don't worry if you find blank spaces under certain sub-modules (Menus)[/color]

Secondly, Go through the documentation which has already been written thus far and see if you can find any errors whether grammatical or technical. Feel free to edit and rectify such errors.

Next, Be active in the forum or in our facebook group ( http://www.facebook.com/groups/183076085203506/) and help us to improve the product in any ways you can. Remember, you are now a part of the MixERP project so we work together to make MixERP the best ERP solution.

Also, do not hesitate to write, or ask anything that you find difficult to grasp.
5Y

8/22/2013 2:01:36 PM +05:45

Hello Nabin,

Okay. I am very glad to be a part of the MixERP project. I will go through the product and all of its modules. Thanks so much for your detailed guidance.
Re: [Solved] how do I begin as a writing contributor
5Y

8/27/2013 2:12:13 PM +05:45

Hello Nabin,

Could you tell me where to find the modules (Sales, Purchase, Inventory, manufacturing, etc)?
Do I need to install the software? I cannot find the software under the tab of "Download".

Thanks.
5Y
3T

8/27/2013 8:35:07 PM +05:45

Hello Nabin,

Could you tell me where to find the modules (Sales, Purchase, Inventory, manufacturing, etc)?
Do I need to install the software? I cannot find the software under the tab of "Download".

Thanks.

Hi happysusan,

Access demo.mixerp.org to can see all availables modules :)
Its a web application, so it runs in browser (firefox, chrome, ie and others)
mixerp2
Friend
5Y
1T

8/28/2013 7:26:06 AM +05:45

Yes ! you dont have to install the software in your pc. demo.mixerp.org is the product right now which undergoes regular updates on a daily basis. So keep this in mind that various modules of the product are still under development and the ones that are completed already might as well witness changes in due course of time .
5Y

8/28/2013 8:35:25 AM +05:45

Thanks both, I opened the modules via demo.mixerp.org, but with the user name of "Binod". May I use this default user name? Or I need to sign on with my own user name?